Monday, May 7, 2012

You CAN 3D to 2D glitch Jungle Joyride 1-2!

So a while back, Kakipi1000 make a very impressive run of Jungle Joyride 1-2 and in the info of his video, he says:


In the original stage, you can 3D->2D glitch the first 2D section of the level.  In fact, you can also do it later in the level (although I'm not sure just how useful that is.)  If you try pulling off the glitch and going into the water like Kakipi did in the 1-2 stage, you will run into an invincible wall and die.  However, there IS an exception.

When I pulled this off, I took out my HD camcorder and started recording and I spent about an hour trying to duplicate the glitch with NO success.  I have no idea how in the world you even glitch that part on purpose.  It always happens on accident and the very moment I decide to record it, I can't get it to work.  That's the hard part.  If I can figure out how to glitch it, or get lucky doing it (because the section remains glitched if you die after the lamp post before the spring) then I'll record it.

So what do you do once you find Sonic with 3D controls in the 2D section?  Firstly, you need to get him to the first orange trick ring and the safest way to do that (if you're not confident manually moving him) is to simply slide, then jump into the ring.  After that, hold right and air boost.  This should send you far ahead to the right of the stage and the camera will shift into full 3D.  From here, you can drift past that entire 2D section in literally a few seconds.  It's a ridiculously good time saver.  Before I started recording, I was fortunate to actually complete the stage using that glitch with lots of mistakes.  Getting hit by the beams from that one robot during the chase scene and fucking up the last shortcut by accidentally performing two homing attacks on two enemies instead of air boosting to the rail.  I literally penalized myself by at least a good 4 or 5 seconds.  Plus, I don't know the best path over the second body of water section yet which adds even more time.  It was really a mess.


BUT I STILL SHAVED ABOUT 20 SECONDS OFF MY PREVIOUS TIME. LOL

So yeah, this is definitely to be continued.  I was supposed to post this yesterday but it wasn't possible.

Still so much to learn about Unleashed.  I should really take my Generations disc out of my 360.  It's earning a lot of scratches and I really can't be bothered to play it.

EDIT:  So I was browsing through the comments of Kakipi1000's run and apparently someone by the name of SHINTARO917 beat Kakipi's run by about 15 seconds (for the record, sobatsuyu100 recently beat Kakipi's run of this stage, too).  Once I checked the video, I wasn't surprised to find that this guy pulled off the glitch - not exactly how I did it, but actually better.  He took full advantage of it just the same.  I'm surprised he avoided that invisible wall since he appears to have performed the glitch no differently than Kakipi did for the normal stage.


Shoutouts to this guy... and this was 2009! *hides*  There were some things he could have done to make the run faster, but the way he pulls off the last shortcut is a MUST SEE.  I totally didn't see that one coming.

At least I don't have to go through the trouble of recording it, but it's definitely worth exploring still!  And I will say this... WHY DOES NOBODY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE HIDDEN SPRING AT THE 2ND 3D SECTION?  You can save at least a good second or two.  I'll take a picture of it, or record it or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment