Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Green Hill Zone.

GHZ is probably my favorite zone in the entire Sonic franchise.  I just feel like my love for Sonic games is really rooted within that stage.  I think the Generations renditions (both classic and modern) are okay, though it's really pretty, I feel the classic version could've been a bit better... emphasis on the word bit.  Well, no complaints.  You take what you can get.

The modern stage isn't too bad.  My personal best is a rather unremarkable 1:41, and I wanted to do that for the longest.  Honestly,  I haven't touched the stage since 2011, but perhaps it's time to try again.  All I wanted was 1:40 or less anyway.

This year, I've kept track of a lot of speed runners and yet one of them seemed to get by me who goes by the [youtube] name ZakuranHD, or Zakuran121 (gamertag), and I've gotta say, this guy is one of the best Generations speed runners I've seen, as this year, he's placed 1st in a number of his runs, even besting Kakipi1000's times.  Ah, I remember now.  Yes.  The first time I encountered him was through his Seaside Hill mission speed run... you know, the one where you use Rouge to send some good ol' sweet lovin' to Eggman's most loyal and advanced army of pawns.  In my playlist, he owns the fastest time.

And as far as I know, he also owns the fastest recorded time of modern Green Hill (and I'll have to see where else he's exposed his dominance and yes, I know, he's first in Sky Sanctuary and probably no further down in his skilled run.)

... I seem to have a habit of realizing too late that some YouTube videos cannot be posted through blogspot, so if you would like to see his amazing Green Hill Act 2 run - Ready.... GO!


... but, I'm not satisfied because I really want to put a video in here, so...


I really like this video.  Not sure if it's because of the quality it was uploaded in, or for the simple fact that craigolette pulled off some of those amazing air boosts and M-speed jumps (correct me if I'm wrong) that just tear through the stage... uploaded in amazing quality.  Seriously, it just drew my head in.  It's just one of those straight forward examples of why Unleashed is awesome.  Shoutouts to him btw (and thanks for the follow!).  Check out his runs if you haven't.


And what about me?  Well... I'm probably not going to focus on running Unleashed until I do a Crisis City Act 2 run (because as insane as that stage is, it is my favorite... no, I'm not a masochist).  Like Green Hill 2, I want a 1:40 or less in it.  Also, I may speed run some missions from Generations since that's why they seem to be in the game, but that's yet to be determined.   But which stage will I attempt to speed run next?  I'm probably going to let the music decide.  Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment