Thursday, May 17, 2012

... well, that was easy...

My goal was to get into 1:40 in GHZ and...


I didn't even try.  The only difference was getting off the boost on the rail in the cave, and next thing you know, I'm 1:30 in the green by the next lamp post lolol.  It was a really sloppy run and I decided I would just practice without recording.  That's probably going to be a bad habit because I'll never know how I pulled off the rail glitch (people have said the cave rails are not easy.)

When I said Speed Highway 2 was the easiest... apparently, I was wrong.  I suppose SH2 is more involved, whereas GH2 has more room for exploitation (as far as I know).  You can exploit the super speed glitch up to two times in the first 2D section and once in the second 2D section.

So now my goal for this stage is 1:39 or less.  I have been practicing super speed, but it's still very much a challenge.  Not sure if I'll try and record a run tonight.  Don't even have the music I want for this stage yet.

Dunno why I decided to take a picture with my phone still knowing PVR is forever plugged into the 360 and TV - and is turned on.  I could've tried seeing how taking pictures with the recorder works.  Soon enough.


Episode 2 is still getting the smackdown by reviewers (both official and consumer) on metacritic.  I'm a bit surprised just how many of these "official" reviewers are finding this game mediocre at best.  It's probably just me being in the midst of all the hype.  GameInformer showed no mercy in their review.  Look at the sub title: "Sega Desecrates The Corpse Of Sonic 2 With Inane Co-op."'

Using Sonic as a marketing tool... oh!  Speaking of reviewers who show no mercy...


This guy, lol.  Not the best reviewer, but most of what he says is pretty accurate.  Personally, I wouldn't mind reviewing this game if it meant I could get the game for free.  I'm totally against buying this game if it supports a future episode which is the case of this 4 series.  However, I'm not sure if PC sales count (I don't really know if this computer can run it, but I assume it likely can.)  Well, that's all for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment