Wednesday, May 23, 2012

So, it's been decided...

As I was cycling through the stages checking out leaderboard times, I was trying to figure out which stage I should perform a speed run in next, and when I decided to check the times for Seaside Hill, I accidentally chose to play the stage.

... looks like I'm practicing this one. (Almost feels like a socially awkward penguin moment lol.)

Honestly, I was quite intimidated by this stage for some reason.  Perhaps that's because I know that the fastest known route for tackling the 2nd part of the 3D section requires running on water...?  It took many times to judge where I needed to stop boosting, but it's one of those things that once you get down, it should be pretty easy afterwards.  It seems as if you'll need a full meter to make the distance (let me clarify, starting from the last rails that Sonic grinds on), but no.  Around 85-90% should suffice.

After that, I only had enough time to make it to the end once and jumped nearly 200 spots on the leaderboard.  I'm Currently at 44th now.  Other than that, I need to mess around with the first 2D section a bit more.  It's short, but getting the most out of it doesn't look simple.  In fact, I think Kakipi1000 is the only person I've seen come out of the trick ring and use a homing attack on the enemy.  Perhaps everyone is just doing the wrong trick?  The last 2D section looks easy and I assume is easy.  When I ran it, I wound up starting at the bottom of the last 2D section without really knowing where to go, but I was 20 seconds ahead of my previous time.

Not too lost on what music I'll be using, but nothing concrete yet~

No comments:

Post a Comment