Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sonic games I would like to play more of.

Sonic Spinball - yeah, there's really nothing too special about the game.  It was the first spin-off title that I played and still own.  It's concept wasn't bad and neither was it's execution.  Just average, really.  It took me forever to beat it, and even though I'd play it again, the next time just might be the last.

Sonic CD - in spite of me having this game for a year and some months, I really do appreciate it and all, but I feel as if I haven't gotten the most out of it.  I don't play it too often.  It's not a difficult game, it's just not the most enjoyable to me and I think it's because it's level design is nowhere near as linear as Sonic 2 and Sonic 3.  It's like playing Sonic 1... on steroids.

Sonic Battle - played this once, and, it actually wasn't too bad.  Can't say I remember much of it, though.

Sonic Colors (Wii) - in spite of not owning a Wii, I own this game and played through it once.  The experience was charming.  There really isn't a game that speaks so loudly as this one that Sonic for once since his Genesis titles (or maybe even Sonic Heroes) where the franchise was heading in a positive direction.  Even more than that, it proved how competent Sega was.  The overall presentation of the game however... best since the Genesis titles without a doubt.  Simple & clean.  Corny (not as corny as Heroes) but nevertheless, sufficient.

Sonic Unleashed (360) - I think I've expressed my feelings for this title already in a recent post.  There is so much to enjoy from the daytime gameplay and I can't wait to post my next speed run from this game.  Probably won't be comparable to the best, but it will be an entertaining speed run, I hope.

Sonic Advance series - between the 3, I enjoyed 2 the most.  3... eh... I liked it, but not sure how much I really enjoyed it.  However, the one I really want to give a try again is the first one.  When I played it, I never really thought of comparing it to the classics.  I only played it once and didn't dive into the cast much, but I know some people were raving about it being considered the true Sonic 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment