Monday, February 18, 2013

Sonic games I may never play.

There are some Sonic games that I have no interest whatsoever in playing (or purchasing), and they are.

Any Game Gear title I have not played - Just hated them when playing them on the actual machine or whichever ones were in Sonic Mega Collection for the PS2.

Fan games - And this is just to the extent that I don't go actively seeking them out.  Sometimes I run into them and check out videos of them.  Most of the time, I'm not impressed (especially if it's derived from a classic).  However, I am liking some of the stuff that's coming out of PC Generations mods!  Soon enough, I'm going to be able to make my purchase of the PC Generations very worthwhile!

Sonic Shuffle - It never looked fun and the character models are even uglier than they were in Sonic Adventure.

Sonic The Fighters - I will never understand the reasoning behind releasing this game on XBLA/PSN.  I guess it's because I take the genre seriously knowing this game was released in an era when fighting games were becoming increasingly popular.  When it was re-released again, it just so happens to be during an era where the popularity of genre has gone up again.  I'm not a fan of most 3D fighters in general, but this one does not appeal to my tastes.

Sonic 4 Episode 2 - Fails for the second time by thinking the game is fun because it tries to work like a 3D game in a 2D world and so much I've already said about the game, but that sums it up well.  This could very much be the only main series Sonic game that I'll never get to play.  The only one I have not played is Sonic 06.

Sonic Labyrinth - For the time it would take to get through it, I probably wouldn't even remember the experience if I did play it.  But after Sonic 3D Blast... please... no more isometric view Sonic games.

Sonic Free Riders - Speaing of forgettable, I'll never own a kinect and if I knew anyone with a kinect, I doubt they'd have this game.  From what I've seen, I actually like the Riders series and wouldn't mind playing it.

SegaSonic The Hedgehog - I don't even think about this game.

The Storybook Series - Secret Rings didn't seem so bad, but The Black Knight... outside of it's awesome intro, I don't imagine myself being pulled to play these games.

Sonic Rivals - How did this game even spawn a sequel?

Sonic Chronicles - From what I've seen, this has to be the most boring Sonic game I have ever seen.  It's one thing to deal with a game involving Sonic that has no sense of speed whatsoever, but it's another thing to write a story that moves at the same uninteresting pace with just as much an uninteresting plot.

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - Only because there seems to be no point of really playing it with it's successor and all.

Sonic Rush - There might be an interesting gameplay here for me in this series, but Rush Adventure seems to be the game I'd aim for.  I like the artwork of Rush Adventure a lot more.

Sonic X-treme - When I first heard of this game, I never really cared that Sonic was going to be in 3D.  In fact, to this day I still don't get why it was such a big deal to begin with.

Shadow The Hedgehog - I forgot this one.  I like Shadow.  It's not difficult to like Shadow, but I don't love him.  Though he's both a Sonic recolor and (I think) Super Sonic from SA1, a recolor of him, I didn't think Sega would actually try to capitalize on his popularity by not only giving him his own game, but attempt to further develop him as a bad guy superficially and character-wise.  The game is padded to death and I feel like it was such an unnecessary and overcompensated humanizing attempt at making Shadow more appealing and different than Sonic.  Hell, he was more appealing in Sonic 06 than he was in his own game.

Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis - Utterly the most unnecessary re-release of a Sonic game.  I honestly think that this game is a product of conspiracy.  Why was Sonic '06 called Sonic The Hedgehog, but this inexcusable excuse of a port of the original called, Sonic The Hedgehog Genesis.  How do you even...  Really?

What's next?  Maybe Sonic games I may never play... again?

No comments:

Post a Comment