Monday, February 25, 2013

Clement's Sonic Heroes Let's Play.

He may not have the best video quality in general, but I enjoy hearing his commentary.  Seems like I've been watching a lot of his videos lately.

When I get the urge to play an old Sonic game that I played before but didn't like, it's probably not a great idea to watch someone else play through it.  This is mostly because if I'm reminded about why I didn't enjoy the game in the past, it might ruin the appeal of playing it again.  That's not something I should seriously worry about when it comes to this game because I do not own the XBOX version of the game.


Ugh.  Well, he uploaded his playthrough of 3 out of the 4 teams, and I was reminded just how poorly implemented some of Team Chaotix's missions are, but that won't stop me from playing it.

Too bad it's not on Steam, but even if it was, I'd still have a bit of a problem playing it as for reasons beyond me, my corded XBOX 360 control pad doesn't want to work.  It was a $30 aftermarket pad (forgot which company made it) and it wasn't perfect.  RT would sometimes catch/get stuck (sucks for needing to drift in Unleashed/Generations)  I find it bad that I own 3 XBox 360 pads and I have an issue with all of them.

The one that came with the console (the one I use the most) has an LB that doesn't want to work (this is problematic for Sonic Unleashed if I want to QSS.)  The second cordless pad I bought (which turned out to be an older model) has a d-pad that responds iffy when I need to use it (I remember this being an issue for games like Bayonetta) and occasionally the pad wants to lose it's signal.

Feels like my days with the Sega Genesis where buttons would get stuck - and that was back when we all thought the mouth was the dirtiest place on the body.  I think I went through at least 4.  Nope.  It's your hands, and it doesn't take an actively used control pad to prove it.

But I definitely encourage keeping game pads clean with a toothbrush and hands cleaned with soap and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment