Monday, April 30, 2012

Yeah, new Sonic racing game.

I never fully grasped the first Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing.  Only tested the demo, and yeah, it seems like a proper Mario Kart clone.


Inc Donkey Kong Racing clone?  (Or was it Diddy?)  Anyway, I've been looking forward to this knowing there were some confirmed rumors of a new game which wasn't so far from when the first one caught my eye.  Since Sonic Unleashed/Generations, I truly felt that playing racing sims was pointless.  I mean, every time I play Sonic now, it's always a race against time, and on top of that, the sense of speed is better in Sonic.  If it wasn't for Sonic, I'd have other lamer/slower reasons for liking speed.  In fact, everything (aside from some fighter jets) come off as slow to me now.  Damn you, Sonic.

Okay, I'm ranting off topic.  This game looks fun.  It may not be a day 1 purchase for me (or maybe it will be, who knows?) but it's got my attention and unlike Episode 2, it has my anticipation that it will turn out to be fun.  Seeing Sonic in a fighter jet seems so proper.  Those are two things that I'd imagine combined better than say, Sonic + F1 racing car (and don't get me wrong, I LOVE F1 racing).  Sonic, Sonic, Sonic.  This is a *Sega* racing game with Sonic's face on it until motobug pilots a vehicle.  But are there any other Sega (or even Sonic) characters I'd like to see in this game?  If I'm honest, if Sonic was the only Sonic character in this racing game, awesome.  However, there are other Sega characters I'd like to see.  Bayonetta.  Blaze (not the cat, I'm talking about Streets of Rage).  ... hmmm.  Blaze The Cat.  Huehuehuehue.  I realize my love for Sega games doesn't nearly amount to my love for Sonic.  For the record, Sega games I've always wanted to play would be the Phantasy Star series and NiGHTS.  However, my favorite non-Sonic Sega game will probably be Streets of Rage 1.  I can play that game almost endlessly.

What more does this year hold for Sonic?  Another console main series game would be nice.  One that's preferably not on the Wii.

No comments:

Post a Comment