Monday, April 16, 2012

Where you can feel my heart just raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaace~

Just need a starter post to know what blog posts will look like, but I might as well make the first post somewhat captivating, right?

Firstly, if you're curious - what kind of Sonic fan am I?  To answer that, it would probably be a good idea to make a list of some random things within the Sonic franchise and give a brief answer about them stating whether I favor it or not.  Ready?





  • Big The Cat - don't care
  • Classic Sonic games (main series) - love
  • Storylines - don't care (there's never been any good ones)
  • Archie Comics - I can appreciate these, though I haven't read them in forever
  • Black/Green Eyes, shoe buckle/no shoe buckle, soles, etc - GTFO
  • Fan games - depends... don't really care for something like Sonic 2 HD or something unfinished
  • Fanfics - don't really read them
  • Shadow The Hedgehog - don't care
  • Riders series - sure
  • Takashi Iizuka - sure
  • Amy Rose - sure
  • Speed runs - looooooooooooooooooooooove
  • Adventure games - yes
  • Sonic Heroes - no
  • Sonic 06 - no - though, "His World" is a really nice song.
  • Silver The Hedgehog - I like this theme w/o vocals.
  • Labyrinth Zone - *trollface*
  • Game mods - not really
  • Sonic 4 Episode 1 - terrible, just no.  If Yuji Naka played this, he must've demanded for an oxygen tank so he could laugh
  • Sonic 4 Episode 2 - not saying anything until I've touched it
  • SatAM/The Adventures of... - Yes
  • Miles "Tails" Prower - can't say no to Tails
  • Sonic R -Richard Jacques and TJ Davis's contributions are the only thing that matter in R.
  • Team Chaotix - bleh
  • Chao - seeing that Sachiko Kawamura created them... oh, yes.
  • Storybook series games - eh...
  • Blaze The Cat - another purple cat?  Well, at least this one's pretty fast and isn't silly.  I approve.
  • Fanart - of course, though it's not something I seek.  No furry-love plx
  • Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing - sure
  • Knuckles - Out of the original 4, Knuckles is my least favorite but I don't dislike him.
  • Planet Wisp Act 1 - proof that Sega has a never-ending river of talent for finding talented music composers
  • Metal Sonic - neutral
  • Advance series - 1, yes. 2, yes. 3, okay
  • "Modern" gameplay - yes
  • Solo Sonica - yes
  • Playable friends - waiting for them to get it right
  • Classic physics - yes, they matter, but...
  • Music - looooooooooooooooooooove, Jun Senoue is amazing... ! (Except in Sonic 4, but he's still the best!)  Kenichi Tokoi... and other composers whose names I haven't memorized yet.

So, yes.  If I were to sum up my top 3 favorite things about Sonic The Hedgehog it would be

  1. Sonic
  2. Sonic music
  3. Sonic running

That's all there is to it, really.  I play the games for the gameplay, and even though it's a platformer where you currently run, jump, drift, air dash, slide, stomp, homing attack, wall jump, grind rails, destroy enemies, collect rings and bounce off springs, I just want to see who can do it the fastest.

Time to stop here and doll up the blog a bit~

No comments:

Post a Comment