Saturday, April 21, 2012

How about that Sonic 4 Episode 2 leak?

Oh well?  Well... almost.

While I type this, videos of Episode 2's gameplay are spawning ALL OVER YOUTUBE (yeah, maybe not) and let me just get to the point.  I have watched every zone up to the conclusion of Sky Fortress Act 1.  This game... uploaded in 480p quality, looks rather nice, however... the gameplay... like Episode 1... is so zzzzzzzzz.  I am literally about ready to take a nap and come on now.  Should a Sonic game be this uninteresting to watch?  It seems like there's so much of what people hated in the first game where the level design is profusely planted with springs, bubble chains and speed pads.  It's really ugly and I don't think I'm getting this game.

... but then, something unexpected occurred...

After I had finished watching the boss battle of the new aged Oil Ocean zone  (dunno it's official name, too lazy to find it), I saw that the uploader had upped the next stage where players are greeted with a cutscene.  Now, I won't go into detail about what is included in this cutscene, but... WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?  All of a sudden, I came to the realization that for one point in this game, you can play through a full first act with NO springs, speed pads and... okay, there were bubble chains, but you cannot complain here, seriously.  Sonic Team just may have done something right.  They brought back Sonic 2's Sky Chase and it not only looks amazing but it actually looks fun.

And I'm thinking to myself... why couldn't the game just start off as cool as this?  Though I haven't changed my mind about getting Ep2... the game officially has something I can legitimately... like.

No comments:

Post a Comment