Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"Wooo...!"

Thanks to my love for speedruns, I've grown an appreciation for the enthusiasm found in Sonic's Japanese voice actor.  Strangely enough... it reminds me of Jaleel White's work, though unlike some fans, I don't think he is the end-all to Sonic voice actors.  STILL - *switches voices to Japanese in his Unleashed/Generations games*  Personally, I find a lot of the other languages for Generations more interesting during gameplay than English.  4Kids?  No comment~


Lately, people have been breaking Kakipi1000's Unleashed Records (not the above video, though this particular play did beat his Savannah Citadel 4 record).  It makes me wonder if Kakipi will go back to Unleashed?  I've been doing my best to keep track of the fastest Unleashed and Generations speedruns on youtube and just recently it's been like these monster speed runners are taking the top spots.  Even Kakipi himself seemed shocked.

For those of you who may not know, Kakipi1000 is probably the most popular youtube Sonic Unleashed/Generations speed runner for his ability to execute some of the fastest times in some of the latest Sonic games.  Though he has performed some outrageous exploits, at times it's usually not him who finds them (he'll credit those who have). He will however do his best to take advantage of such exploit in a speed run.  Right now, there is no other player (that I've found) who has proven to be as precise with combining the two.  Not to mention, he's also pretty good with providing his own soundtrack to mesh with his gameplay.  One wonders what he was doing to Sonic games before YouTube... if he was playing them.

On a side note, I think it's really cool that people have become quite creative with their own speed run ideas in Generations to challenge others.  Seriously, you guys are awesome for finding alternative ways to enjoy the game instead of just following the story/missions and be done.

That's all for now~

1 comment: