Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Obligatory SA2 post.



(And I just got word that SA1 + Director's Cut on XBL is going for 600 MS points this week.)

I'm actually looking forward to this release and I'm glad that they decided to put it in HD.  However, I do have a few concerns.

Seeing this screenshot and all, the first thing I'm wondering is what the framerate is going to be like for the 2-player mode.  When I played this game on the Dreamcast, the 2-player mode was pretty horrible.  More than the drop in frames, it was slow.  I only wonder now that it's running on significantly more powerful hardware, will this still be an issue?  Yeah, this is going to be the "Battle" version and I didn't get to see the 2-player mode in the Gamecube version, so...

If there were to change anything, all I'd ask is for Knuckles to have his radar work like it did in SA1 where it would go off for every shard instead of just one at a time.  THAT'S IT.  Knowing Sega, that's a lot to ask for even if that was centered around one of the game's largest problems: Knuckles' enormous stages.  For me, and I'm sure a lot of other people, that would make the replay value of the game go up.

Then we can hail it as the greatest 3D Sonic game ever made... ha!  I don't think so.  This game was overall a step up from SA1 and IMO, better than Sonic Heroes as far as story, variety of gameplay, voice acting... and MUSIC are concerned.  SA2 really did have one of the best Sonic OSTs in the series.

So did SA1 as well.

And for now, that is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment