Friday, September 28, 2012

The hardest Sonic Unleashed day stage.

Know what the hardest daytime stage in Sonic Unleashed is, even if you're not speed running it?  Savannah Citadel Act 2, LOL.

This stage brings me back to when this game first had my attention and I didn't know anything about it.  On YouTube... (unfortunately...) I saw someone run the stage and I was aware the point of getting through it was to drift, and the player who was playing it was pretty much like, "Drifting is useless in this game."  ... and this is why you shouldn't take the comments on YouTube seriously from random people.

Yeah, I'm seriously exaggerating that this is the hardest stage to speed run, but the stage... as simple as it appears, pretty much just laughs at you if you drift this stage wrong.  As far as from what I've seen done by the heavy hitters that speed run Unleashed who make it look easy (I still have yet to understand how they drift with precision in this stage), it doesn't seem like a nail you can miss once you've learned how to hit those turns fast without falling off the stage.


I've also been dabbing in the Rooftop Run stages, and... I'm having the same experience with daytime Act 2-2 as I had with Jungle Joyride 1-2, and that is... the DLC act is easier than the original.  As I've mentioned before, a lot of the DLC stages in this game are pretty good, INCLUDING the Werehog stages (although the majority of the ones I've played are actually harder than their DLC counterpart such as Arid Sands 1-2... holy shit...).  But I've got to say, I'm really impressed with Rooftop Run 2-2.  It is probably the most fun in this game I've had.  Act 4 is quite challenging, but I haven't spent much time in it.  Act 5 was another challenging yet very fun (and funny) stage.  Funny because game logic says that if Sonic falls to the bottom of the stage, he "dies."  But here... he clearly hits the ground and walks forward for a bit... and stands until the game fades to restart the stage.  We all know Sonic is virtually indestructible because as you know, in Sonic Adventure 1, he jumped from a FREAKING AIRSHIP, like 30,000 feet from the ground!  And in lolSonicX (I actually like Sonic X even with it's inconsistent artwork) he fell from outer space and survived, earning nothing but a week or two of sleep after the impact.  This character can survive falls from infinite heights and he dies from a measly 20 story fall, lol.  But he has to "die," for how else will he get back up?  I think Sonic Team should've at least killed off his dying voice or say "fail" if they knew he was going to hit the ground.

Great... now I sound like a true, nit-picking Sonic fanboy, lol.

But honestly, I have no idea what I want to do next for a speed run (maybe Rooftop 2-2).  I could run Skyscraper Scamper 3 again and go for a faster time (and mayyyyybe try out the glitch), but nah.  Oh, before I forget, I also figured out how to get a ridiculous time in Windmill Isle Act 3.  Man... this game... lol.  It's not such a big deal now, though.  Been talking to Craig about increasing the quality of my videos and I will be looking into it deeper.  Shoutouts to him!  Here's his run of Rooftop 2-2.



I'm going to play Unleashed for a bit.  I hope I can get better at this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment